or you can e-mail me using the contact form
Self Hypnosis is an effective way of dealing with stress and anxiety below is a guide to self-hypnosis to help you get started.
(1) Get into comfortable clothing. It’s pretty hard entering any kind of deep, relaxed state when all you can think about is the waistband of your jeans cutting off your circulation. So take this as an excuse to throw on some comfy clothing. You want absolutely nothing distracting you.
Make sure the temperature is good, too. Have a blanket or a warm top ready if you feel chilly. Sometimes feeling warm can be very comforting, too.
(2) Go to a quiet room and sit in any comfortable chair or bed. Although some people prefer to lie down, you are more susceptible to sleep than when sitting up. Whether you sit or lie, ensure that you do not cross your legs or any part of your body. You may be in this position for a while and this could end up being uncomfortable.
(3) Make sure you are not going to be disturbed for at least half an hour. No self-hypnosis is effective if, a phone call or your pet interrupts it. Turn off your phone, lock the door. This is you time.
The amount of time you want to dedicate to this is up to you. Most prefer to be in a trance for about 15 or 20 minutes.
(4) Figure out your hypnosis goals. Are you doing it just to relax? For self-improvement? If you’re doing it to achieve a greater end (stress reduction, anxiety, etc.), prepare a list of affirmations. Self-hypnosis can be used just for relaxation, but it can be for a number of life-enhancing things, too. Many use it to achieve their goals, change their thinking, or just as general positive reinforcement or motivation. Here are some examples of affirmations you could try:
(5) Close your eyes and work to rid your mind of any feelings of fear, stress, or anxiety. When you begin, you might find it difficult not to think. You may find that thoughts just keep popping up. When this happens, don’t try to force the thoughts out. Observe them impartially, and then let them slip away.
(6) Recognize the tension in your body. Beginning with your toes, imagine the tension slowly falling away from your body and vanishing. Imagine it freeing each body part one at a time starting with your toes and working its way up your body. Visualize each part of your body becoming lighter and lighter as the tension is removed.
(7) Take slow, deep breaths. When you exhale, see the tension and negativity leaving in a dark cloud. As you inhale, see the air returning as a bright force filled with life and energy.
(8) Appreciate the fact that you are now extremely relaxed. Imagine you are at the top of a flight of 10 stairs, which at the fifth step start to submerge into water. Picture every detail of this scene from the top to the bottom. Tell yourself that you are going to descend the stairs, counting each step down, starting at 10. Picture each number in your mind. Imagine that each number you count is further down and one step closer to the bottom. After each number, you will feel yourself drifting further and further into deep relaxation.
(9) Feel a floating sensation. At this point at the bottom of the water you shouldn’t really feel anything, just the sensation of floating freely. You may even feel like you’re spinning. If you do not feel as stated above, try again, slower with a will to grasp what is happening. Once you have achieved this state you should proceed to address your problems and decide upon what it is you want from where you are.
(10) Repeat your statement to yourself as many times as you wish. Feel free to wander about the water, visualizing yourself emptying boxes, finding treasure (in the form of self-confidence, happiness, etc.), or simply letting all your tensions disappear. Find areas where the water is cold, hot, or full of wildlife. Let your imagination really go.
(11) Get ready to exit your hypnotic state. With each step you take, feel the water becoming lower and lower until you have once again reached that fifth step. Once you are out of the water and are on the sixth step you may start to feel heavy or as if there is a weight on your chest. Merely wait on the step until this passes, constantly repeating your aforementioned statements.
(12) Once you have ascended, give yourself a few moments before opening your eyes. You may want to visualize yourself opening a door to the outside world. Do this slowly and imagine the light that pours in through the doorway; this should make your eyes open naturally. If you need to, count down from ten, telling yourself that once you finish, your eyes will open.
Although this visualization uses water you can use anything you like such as a wood, beach anything you like really. I use the water visualization because it works for me; it’s all about experimenting and finding what works for you.
5 star He is amazing I lost 3 and a half stone after seeing him and being hypnotised, recommended to all! X
5 star I finally quit smoking!!!